It has been a few weeks (I think ) since I have had something new to post here. I have been in a bit of pit. Most everything I have started, I have ended up scraping off and washing off.
A few days ago I snagged a few more baubles and bits from the tree and bin of boxes & bows. I have been rearranging these things for a few days trying to settle on an exciting composition. Seriously, I have stated and scraped at least 4 studio paintings in the last week.
Click to Bid here!
Finally, something clicks! Try something new with the studio still life.
O.k. um, Bird’s eye view and something playful for a change could do wonders. Finally, I started to feel the composition might work with the paint again. I roughed in the composition. Establish the main color balance and then took a long 2 hour break. ( I had to volunteer for my child’s holiday party.)
Then I came back to re-established a few color spots to work more consistently.
I focused on the high key color scheme and played with the visual diagonals.
This one was definitely a challenge for jumping back into the studio again. I am quite pleased with the results.